I'm kind of of new to blogging and was showing my blog site to my significant other. Now you have to understand he knows very little about computers, the internet, etc. He can get to his email and read it and that's about it. So he's asking me what is a blog and who's going to read it, etc. So I start showing him some of the blogs, and all the stuff that's out there. Of course he is very interested in the ones with the pretty girls with very little on. That's OK, because there's nothing wrong with looking at the menu.
Anyway, I came across one blog that had some interesting saying regarding alcohol, which I thought I would post some of them here, afterall it is New Year's Eve. If you want to see the complete list go to: http://www.coolnsmart.com/alcohol_sayings/ .
- Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.
- An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do.
- Don't drink and drive, you might hit a bump and spill your drink.
- You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on. (I can relate to this one)
- Stay busy, get plenty of exercise, and don't drink too much. Then again, don't drink too little.
- One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time. (Someone will tell you in the morning)
- A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine, except that on a day without sunshine you can still get drunk.
- I stopped drinking, but only when I sleep.
- When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
- The consumption of alcohol may cause pregnancy. (If is does I'll be rich).
- There is a devil in every berry of the grape.
- A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory. (I love this one afterall I did own a bar at one time.)
- I drink to forget I drink.
- Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts.
- Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
- The whole world is about three drinks behind.
- I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food. (When I hear this one I always think of Justin Wilson the great Cajun cook).
However you choose to celebrate the end of 2006 and the beginning of 2007, have a wonderful time and be safe.
The Painted Lady