In order to build a relationship it’s important to stay in touch. This applies in our personal lives as well as business. Just like we nurture a relationship with a new friend we want to nurture our relationship with prospects so they will become our new client. In order to nurture that relationship, contact is necessary. And What's more important the value that contact brings the prospect.
We can expand the ways we keep in touch which might include: phone calls, one on ones, post cards, letters, greeting cards, emails, audios, videos, etc. Then mix up the forms of contact creating interest and anticipation and offering value. Although we may have a lot of information of interest about our business, it is important in building a relationship that we take into consideration the interest of our prospect. By notating their interests and following up with them with information shows that we do truly care about building the relationship.
Here are some ways to stay in front of your clients.
- · Follow up with a phone call, offer industry information on a periodic basis
- Mailing them something personal not bulk or junk mail.
- · Personal visit to their place of business and not necessarily to make a sale
- · Be their business partner. Take a personal interest in their success.
- · Willingness to help even if there is no monetary gain now
Remember that it is more costly to find a new customer than it is to maintain and keep the ones we currently have. If we maintain 5% of our current clientele we can double our business. Because they will come back to us time and time again and will refer others to us.
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. ~ Robert Collier