...And 7 Other Rules We Must Ignore To Boost Our Business
"by Liz Goodgold, Branding Expert, Author, and Speaker. Sign up for her FREE Brand Finale newsletter with valuable information at www.redfirebranding.com."
My Top 7 Copywriting Rules That Work:
1. ALWAYS use numbers vs. letters - Here are 2 reasons: 1) our eyes see numbers faster and 2) it breaks up the copy making for faster reading
2. Use Every Single Piece Of Punctuation - Really! Use exclamation marks, commas, colons, quotes, caps question marks, and dashes; fun, huh?
3. Vary Your Copy Length - Use a combination of short sentences and long sentences. Again, it overcomes monotonous writing syndrome.
4. Specifics Are Terrific - Don't tell me that there are a bunch of new copywriting rules, give me 7 of them!
5. Alliterations Allow For Amazing Answers To Annoying Copy Questions - Wondering how one can woo your workers? Try alliterations! Alliterations are simply words that start with the same sound (ex: Constant Contact, Weight Watchers). They easily and quickly boost recall.
6. Speak Like Your Peeps - Using big words or buzzword bingo doesn't work. You want to create understanding. As Mark Twain once wrote: "I would never write metropolis for 7 cents when I can write city and get paid the same."
7. Faster is Better - Who ever thought we'd be communicating in 140 characters? But, we do. Become the quicker writer.
I had the opportunity several years ago to hear Liz speak. She is dynamic and knows her stuff. Sign up to get her newsletter at www.redfirebranding.com