Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Why do Women Travel in Twos?


Did Noah start something? Women travel in twos, even to the bathroom. I know the obvious answer to the title of this blog is 'safety' and yes I agree. And I guess you're asking the question, what does this have to do with networking, business, relationship marketing, etc. that I usually write about. Well something happened recently that brought this topic back to the surface. I won't bore you with the details as to why the reason for the this writing.

So I muse, why is it that some women don't feel comfortable going to some places by themselves. Is it a question of safety, lack of confidence, or just an excuse? I asked a friend of mine this question and she said because girls are taught at an early age the 'buddy system.' My friend is a Girl Scout leader. She said they teach the girls to always travel in pairs. Here again I can understand this, but I guess being raised as an only child and given my age and life circumstances, if I had always abided by this, I would have lost out on a large portion of life. I don't go to places that I feel are unsafe, however I don't wait around or depend on someone always accompanying me to events. As an adult I made the decision a long time ago that if I wanted/needed to go somewhere, that I could go alone and it would perfectly OK. I've traveled by myself, went out to restaurants alone, went to weddings, social functions, funerals, etc., however I always take the necessary precautions.

So my question is, how does a business woman function who doesn't feel comfortable going to a business meeting alone? Given that it is at a public location in a safe neighborhood. Is it a question of safety, lack of confidence, or just an excuse for not showing up?

I would love to hear your comments and feedback.

In gratitude,
Annette
Painted Lady Enterprises
"Helping You and Your Business Look Good"

1 Comment:

Military Momz said...

I just always like the company! LOL

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online